Thursday, October 30, 2008

Top Ten

Tonight, I had the pleasure of doing a bit of shopping with my mom, since I'm home for a few days. As we looked through the racks of clothing, I caught myself repeatedly saying, "That would look great with..." and every time, the end of the sentence was a staple in my closet. I decided that today's post would be about the ten things that have a permanent place in my closet.

1. Dark wash Honey bootcut Joe's Jeans (Dress 'em up, dress 'em down, they work in so many situations.)
2. Ralph Lauren white button down shirt (I've had this shirt since I was a freshman in college. Almost a decade later, it's still getting more wear than anything else I own.)
3. Pale blue Polo oxford shirt (Mine was a hand-me-down and it's still kickin'.)
4. Sperry Topsiders (In original brown, of course!)
5. Coach Jenni sunglasses in tortoiseshell (I think they quit making these, so I treasure the pair I bought in NYC.)
6. Polo boots (I can't say enough great things about these boots! They're made for sport so they can take a lot of wear and tear and they still look great. In fact, they look better as they age!)
7. Brooks Brothers quarter-zip sweater (I have one in tan and one in blue. These were both great finds on ebay.)
8. LLBean mongorammed backpack in navy (Because there are days when a totebag just won't cut it.)
9. Pearls. (A small set is nice for everyday wear.)
10. A vintage scarf used as a headband. (Seriously, I wear this one all the time!)

So what are your favorite staples?

1 comment:

Hopsy said...

I have had my RL button downs since senior year in high school, so five years! They still looks great and I wear them constantly!