Saturday, October 11, 2008

A Preppy Present

The creativity and thought behind gifts are a big deal in my family. We're big on choosing things for each other that are meaningful and unique. Sometimes, I find fitting gifts that are inexpensive and other times, I have to spend a bit more to get the perfect gift.

Each year, I try to outdo myself for my parents' birthdays and Christmas. I try to be more clever than the year before, which means I have to start thinking months ahead. This year, I got lucky. I spent some time in Nashville and got to know an artist who plays Copley guitars on stage and off. I started looking into their products and found the perfect guitar. After doing some research, I learned that I could have the guitar laser engraved. I designed a logo for the guitar (his initials and a fleur de lis for our Louisiana heritage) and had the company engrave it into the one that I had selected. I had created a custom preppy guitar and he absolutely loved it!!!

This is what the final product looked like:


**That's not him playing the guitar, it's a friend of the family.

It's going to be awfully hard to top this one!!!

No comments: