Monday, November 24, 2008

Dear Gentlemen...

Clip-on bowties are never ever ever okay! Unless you're six, you should be tying your own bowtie (or at least having someone tie it for you) thus negating the need for any sort of clip-on ridiculousness in your accessories drawer. I have a male friend who insists that he simply cannot learn to tie a bowtie because it is too difficult. To prove a point, I learned to tie one. Yes, little old me. Girls can tie bowties too! It took all of about 10 minutes for me to really get it. And while I learned the old fashioned way (from a detailed step-by-step pdf file), this YouTube video does a great job of explaining.



Boys, go pick up a bowtie or two from your favorite men's store or the thrift shop or J.Crew or wherever your little bowtying heart desires. Then learn to tie it.

So M, this one's for you. If I can do it, anybody can do it!

1 comment:

Giuseppe said...

Tell your friend that when you think about it closely, it actually is the same knot used to tie shoelaces, something I'm sure he's been doing for a long time.