Thursday, December 4, 2008

Appreciating the Unique and Unusual

Since I was small, I've had an appreciation for unique and unusual decor. My design leanings were ingrained in me from birth by my mother, who likely missed her calling as a decorator in favor of a career in the service of educating small minds and, later, administrating this-and-that for the local school system. I love to spend time in my parents' house, the house I grew up in. I could spend hours upon hours looking at the wall of bookshelves of fabulous books and notions. I hope to someday be able to expand my own half wall of bookshelves into a full wall (complete with centrally located fireplace), but until then, I will settle for putting my own unique and unusual notions in other places around my character-filled apartment.

I'm always on the lookout for oddities and unusual knickknacks. I love the notions on Paris Hotel Boutique's website. I'm currently lusting over this vintage British trolley bus sign:

Lynn of PHB also has a cute little blog where you can keep up with her musings.

1 comment:

Paris Hotel Boutique said...

Thank you so much for the mention! I really appreciate it. Your blog is great too! I just added you as a link. Best, Lynn